Logo

2004 Johnson 50HP Outboard Bogging down after 10 minutes?

LemonZ

Good morning everyone.. I have a 2004 Johnson Evinrude 50HP 2 stroke on a 16' Sundance skiff and it idles fine in neutral for ever, doesn't stall or anything. When i put the boat in the water and start it up and runs fine at full throttle and gets on plane. Then after maybe 5-10 minutes of use the boat will just gradually slow down and RPMS will decrease while still at full throttle. If I leave it at full throttle it sounds like its bogging down but if I go half to a little under half throttle it sounds fine.

Replaced fuel lines
Tried external tank and line
Water from pee hole is warm but not hot after motor has been running for 15 minutes
Compression is good.
Spark is good.
Carbs were just rebuilt, No more than 20 hours on new carbs.

Not sure what to do, Maybe water getting in the gas some how when on the water? Trash getting into carbs? I have no idea what else to do or try.

Please help lol, it's been like this for 2 years and I'm tired of it running this way.

Thank you so much.

Have you replaced the water pump impeller ?----Need to post actual compression values.-----Running with VRO in service and tested ?----Or running with conventional pump and mixing at 50:1 in the tank.-----Tested the overheat horn?----Possibly a venting issue on the tank.

Have you replaced the water pump impeller ?----Need to post actual compression values.-----Running with VRO in service and tested ?----Or running with conventional pump and mixing at 50:1 in the tank.-----Tested the overheat horn?----Possibly a venting issue on the tank.
Water pump impeller was replaced about 3 years ago, No sir. Compression 110 - 105.. running conventional pump with 50:1 have not tested over heat horn. Over heat horn just lets you know if its over heating right?

Does the horn work , yes or no?----I can not see , hear or touch your motor.----I can only help you when questions get exact answers !

Does the horn work , yes or no?----I can not see , hear or touch your motor.----I can only help you when questions get exact answers !
I understand, yes sir it works. I just tested it. I put tan wire coming from cylinder head and grounded it to the power head and it went off

Back